Training for Educators
Following a complimentary initial meeting with a STEPS Therapist, individualized training options will be proposed based on the identified needs of the educators and students. Trainings may be provided in various lengths such as one-hour, three-hours or full day trainings. Shorter trainings will be more informative while longer trainings will include opportunity for more active participation and workshop engagement.
STEPS offers training to educators on a variety of topics, including but not limited to:
- What is Autism and Applied Behavior Analysis?
- Tiered Positive Behavior Supports and classroom management
- Developmentally appropriate and play-based learning
- Inclusive Practices to support all learners
- Environmental Arrangements
- Social Skills Supports
- Addressing Challenging Behavior
- Emotion Regulation